ADSM-L

Re: cache hit rate

2002-08-22 05:54:26
Subject: Re: cache hit rate
From: Tony Morgan <TONY.MORGAN AT FORTISBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:52:51 +0200
Another point that I have not seen yet on this thread...

[WinNT 4.0 SP6a]

I used to have a problem with cache hit rate... and just kept increasing the
Buffer Pool Size..
A temporary improvement would be seen, but this would soon be lost and the
rate would fall dramatically.. I once saw 67%

When the buffpoolsize parameter was very high, TSM was taking 30 minutes to
start up.

I decided to go back to basics rebuilt the database and reset buffpoolsize
to 32678, immediately seeing a dramatic improvement.  I have now settled at
42K which gives 98+% and TSM starts up in a few seconds.

Its a shame that the TSM manuals are not able to help more, but the system
configurations which TSM support must run into thousands!!

All the Best

Tony Morgan
Fortis Bank UK

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the addressee. The content of this
e-mail may have been changed without the consent of the originator.
The information supplied must be viewed in this context. If you have
received this e-mail in error please notify our Helpdesk by
telephone on +44 (0) 20-7444-8444. Any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail or its attachments is
strictly prohibited.