ADSM-L

Override include-exclude list in Unix-client for one session

2002-08-21 05:04:08
Subject: Override include-exclude list in Unix-client for one session
From: Jurjen Oskam <jurjen AT QUADPRO.STUPENDOUS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 10:58:51 +0200
Hi there,

On a machine here, a database that uses files to store the data is running.
The files used by that database are excluded in the inclexcl.lst file,
because those files shouldn't be backed up when the database is running.
(We use a TDP-client to backup that database while it's running.)

However, I would like to be able to backup those database-files when the
database isn't running.

The problem is that those files are excluded in the inclexcl.lst file
that's pointed to by dsm.sys. I don't want to remove that exclusion,
because those files *should* normally be excluded.

What I'd like is something like "dsmc -inclexcl=other-inclexcl.lst". That
way, I can specify on the commandline that I'd like to override the system
wide inclexcl.lst just for this session.

Is there a way this can be done cleanly?

Thanks,
--
Jurjen Oskam

PGP Key available at http://www.stupendous.org/