ADSM-L

Re: Differences between network transfer rates

2002-08-21 02:13:55
Subject: Re: Differences between network transfer rates
From: "Stumpf, Joachim" <joachim.stumpf AT DATEV DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 06:14:40 -0000
Hi Sascha,

we had the same question a few months ago.
The network transfer rate doesnt tell you something about your network speed.
As far as I know the network transfer rate is calculated like this:

All bytes sent from the Node
----------------------------
session time

where the session time is the whole session time (include filespace scans;
media wait times; etc.)

Tivoli told us to look at the aggregated network transfer rate; this is the
rate the client needs to transfer the aggregates to the server...
Tivoli also told us to trace the sessions with the traceflag -perform to see
the performance of the session.

hope this helps ;)

--
regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Joachim Stumpf

Sascha Braeuning <Sascha.Braeuning AT SPARKASSEN-INFORMATIK DOT DE> (Dienstag,
20. August 2002, 16:48:31, MEST):