ADSM-L

reusedelay causing DB problems?

2002-08-20 18:04:19
Subject: reusedelay causing DB problems?
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 16:57:48 -0500
A couple of weeks ago, I set reusedelay to 1 (had been 0) for several
very good reasons, one of which was we run logmode normal.

Now, periodicaly, when the 24 hours is up on a tape that has been
reclaimed, we get

ANR1343I Unable to delete scratch volume <volser>

and then it is set to READONLY and left in the tape pool. The following
morning, when I come in and read the reports and pick up the pieces, I
am always able to do a manual DELETE VOL without any problems. I am
wondering what is going on.