ADSM-L

Re: Parallel Backup Paths for TDP R/3

2002-08-20 10:19:06
Subject: Re: Parallel Backup Paths for TDP R/3
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 07:01:18 -0700
Might want to double check the manual...

States that if you want to use multiple paths to the same server, and have
manual password you need to

1) not have a "NODE blah" in your dsm.sys SErver entries...
2) use a different node name for each different path to the server...

So say you have server_a and server_b (the two paths to "server")
then you will want to have your nodes be "node PV1" and "node PV1_B" and
will need both of those registered...
or maybe PV1_A & PV1_B

Dwight E. Cook
Software Application Engineer III