ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.1 HP-UX 11.11 Startup/Shutdown Scripts

2002-08-16 09:46:03
Subject: Re: TSM 5.1 HP-UX 11.11 Startup/Shutdown Scripts
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:36:15 -0400
Brian,

Here's my script, but we run TSM 4.1 (still).  Is 5.1 different?  You may
not want to have user ID and password in a script, which this method
requires... I can't think of any other clean way of stopping the server.
We had the "rm adsmserv.lock" in the startup, but removed it because it
enables a second startup to run when the server is still up.... which could
be REALLY bad.

What's your overall impression of running TSM on HP? We've been doing it
for almost a year now (on an L2000), and have some issues with intermittent
(but too often) hanging/freezing of TSM... can still get into HP-UX, but
dsmadmc is dysfunctional.

Robin

#!/sbin/sh
##
##  File:         /sbin/init.d/tsm
##
if [ -f /etc/rc.config.d/tsm ];then
    . /etc/rc.config.d/tsm
fi
rval=2
case $1 in
    start_msg)  echo "Starting Tivoli Storage Manager Server" ;;
    stop_msg)   echo "Shutting down Tivoli Storage Manager Server" ;;
    start)      if [ $RUN_TSM = 1 ];then
                    cd /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin
                    #rm ./adsmserv.lock > /dev/null 2>&1
                    #/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmserv -quiet &
                    ./dsmserv > ./dsmserv.log &
                    rval=$?
                fi ;;
    stop)       dsmadmc -id=admin -pa=admin halt > /dev/null 2>&1
                rval=$? ;;
    *)          echo "usage: $0 {start|stop|start_msg|stop_msg}"
                rval=1 ;;
esac
exit $rval

                    "Scott,
                    Brian"
                    <[email protected] To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    OM>           cc:
                    Sent by:      Subject:
                    "ADSM: Dist          Re: TSM 5.1 HP-UX 11.11
Startup/Shutdown Scripts
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    08/14/02
                    05:02 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Bob,

FYI...

Found out this is a bug in the system. APAR is IC34371 and should be fixed
in 5.1.5.0. Root cause is still unknown.

Regards,

Brian Scott
EDS - BUR Engineering
Enterprise Distributed Capabilities