ADSM-L

Re: IBM vs. Storage Tek

2002-08-16 07:25:02
Subject: Re: IBM vs. Storage Tek
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 07:26:49 -0400

I already have 3590's and they have 10 GB (native)  I just put this table
in to see if anyone disagreed with my calculations.  Thanks!!!

Joni Moyer
Associate Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
(717)975-8338

                    "Emil S.

                    Hansen"              To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    <esh AT POP3 DOT BIT.       cc:

                    DK>                  Subject:     Re: IBM vs. Storage Tek

                    Sent by:

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR

                    IST.EDU>

                    08/16/2002

                    04:14 AM

                    Please respond

                    to "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 09:29:48AM -0400, Joni Moyer wrote:
>      3590 9840 9940A     LTO
>      10 GB     20 GB     60 GB     100 GB
> Production
> Onsite    1375 689  231  140
> Offsite   1600 800  268  161
> Total     2975 1489 499  301
>
> Test
> Onsite    963  483  163  101
> Offsite   1324 664  223  135
> Total     2287 1147 386  236
>
> Grand
> Total     5262 2636 885  537

3590-E1A with extended lenght tapes holds 40 GB on each tape.

That will give you
Production
Onsite                    344
Offsite                   400
Total                     744

Test
Onsite                    241
Offsite                   332
Total                     573

Grand
Onsite                    585
Offsite                   732
Total                     1317

--
Best Regards
Emil S. Hansen - esh AT pop3.bit DOT dk - ESH14-DK

"tjaa men ville disse lister ikke være kedelige hvis vi altid gav
hinanden ret med det samme :o)" - Kim Schulz på SSLUG.PROG
(See attached file: attfxfcc.dat)