ADSM-L

Re: NDS (Netware 5.x)

2002-08-15 17:17:18
Subject: Re: NDS (Netware 5.x)
From: Greg Tice <Ticeg AT SCHNEIDER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 16:18:43 -0500
Mark,
The login script is not held in NDS as a separate object it is part of the
.OU object.  Restoring the .OU will bring it back.  This is not something
you want todo in a production environment.   If you have an isolated
test/lab environment at your facility you could easily mock up an NDS tree
and get it back that way.

This exact scenario is why I used to require my admins to copy, paste &
save the login script to a text file before making any modifications to
login scripts.

Hope this helps!

Greg Tice

                    Mark Hayden
                    <MHayden AT EPA DOT ST       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                    ATE.IL.US>            cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:       Fax to:
                    Dist Stor             Subject:     NDS (Netware 5.x)
                    Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MARI
                    ST.EDU>

                    08/15/2002
                    11:48
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi all, wanted to know if anyone has done any retores from NDS. We have a
NetWare admin that butchered the Login script from a NetWare Server under
the NDS tree. I was wondering what the name of this login script would be
called in NDS.....Cn=????????  Thanks

Thanks, Mark Hayden
Informations Systems Analyst
E-Mail:  MHayden AT epa.state.il DOT us