ADSM-L

Re: DB2 restore takes long

2002-08-15 10:57:17
Subject: Re: DB2 restore takes long
From: MUSTAFA BAYTAR <mustafa.baytar AT EFESPILSEN.COM DOT TR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:43:52 +0300
Hi Lindy,
We do online backups every Weekday  and offline backup every Sunday.Every day
we are running backup
storage pools .All backups have 10 days retention
periods.We dont keep monthly or  weekly backups  but every Monday in our
disaster recovery center we
are  restoring db2 ofline backups from offsite copies.

                      "Crawford,
                      Lindy"                   To:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                      <lcrawford@BOECO         cc:      (bcc: MUSTAFA
BAYTAR/BILSIS/ANADOLU)
                      RP.CO.ZA>                Subject: Re: DB2 restore takes
long
                      Sent by: "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      T.EDU>

                      15.08.2002 15:17
                      Please respond
                      to "ADSM: Dist
                      Stor Manager"

Hi

Just as a matter of interest, how does rawdevices containers work....???

With your db backups, do you do weekly and monthly backups , daily etc and
what type of retention periods do use for these ..

Do you also have offsite copies of these backups and how do you do them at
present.??

Thanks you your assistance.

> Lindy Crawford
> Business Solutions: IT
> BoE Corporate
>
> *     +27-31-3642185
> +27-31-3642946
         lcrawford AT boecorp.co DOT za <mailto:lcrawford AT boecorp.co DOT za>