ADSM-L

Re: DB2 restore takes long

2002-08-15 08:45:04
Subject: Re: DB2 restore takes long
From: "Mr. Lindsay Morris" <lmorris AT SERVERGRAPH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 08:33:56 -0400
If you have accounting turned on, look at the accounting log to see whether
the time was spent mostly in:
        --idle wait (client creating files is slower than client reading them!)
        --media wait (was client data scattered over 30 tapes?)
        --comm wait (was network slow then?)
It's in dsmaccnt.log, in your server bin directory.

We have some detailed info on how to do this at
http://www.servergraph.com/techtip3.htm

Hope this helps.
Mr. Lindsay Morris
CEO, Servergraph