ADSM-L

Re: Simple Archiving question

2002-08-15 05:36:04
Subject: Re: Simple Archiving question
From: "Large, Matthew" <Matthew.Large AT LLOYDSTSB.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 10:27:31 +0100
Farren,

BACKUPSETS take an image from the files the server currently has active for
that client. You could use the -del option on the archive command

Deletefiles

Use the deletefiles option with the archive command to delete archived
files from your workstation.

You can also use this option with the restore image command and the
incremental option to delete files from the restored image if they were
deleted from the file space after the image was created.

Syntax

>>-DELetefiles-------------------------------------------------><

Parameters

There are no parameters for this option.

Examples

Command line:

     dsmc archive "/home/foo/*.c" -deletefiles

     dsmc restore image /local/data -incremental -deletefile

By not using the above command, when you issue the archive command, the
files will remain exactly as they were.

Hope this helps.

Matthew Large
TSM Infrastructure Engineer