ADSM-L

AFS 3.4 / buta / TSM 5.1

2002-08-14 14:21:41
Subject: AFS 3.4 / buta / TSM 5.1
From: Diana Noble <djk AT UMICH DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:13:38 -0400
Has anyone out there tried running buta to backup an afs 3.4 server under TSM
Server 5.1?  We are not yet at afs 3.6, but I am thinking about upgrading to
TSM 5.1.  I was wondering if the buta process would still work under 5.1, even
though I know it is no longer supported code.

Also, in past posts to this list, I saw reference to not being able to restore
buta backed up volumes using the afs 3.6 butc interface with TSM.  Is this
correct?  This would mean I would need buta to work under 5.1 for as long as I
have afs 3.4 buta backups, correct?  We are currently using TSM Server 4.2.2.5
with the buta and things are working fine.

Diana