ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Web Admin Interface - grrr

2002-08-14 14:12:21
Subject: Re: Antwort: Web Admin Interface - grrr
From: Kai Hintze <kai.hintze AT ALBERTSONS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:51:00 -0600
But it is precisely because I _do_ have boatloads of clients that I prefer
the CLI. I can type "2 or 3 lines of parameters" as someone said a few
<click> <wait> ....

More, I seldom type long parameters. I have samples of anything I have
defined/updated/deleted that I can quickly copy to a text editor, change the
few characters that change, and dump into a CLI session. I specify
everything so that if the defaults change they don't take me by surprise,
and I seldom have to look back to the manuals find a syntax. The only trick
is when I change versions I do have to go through the list and compare to
the new Admin Reference.

- Kai.

<snip> . . .