ADSM-L

W2K - BMR - using GHOST

2002-08-14 08:21:23
Subject: W2K - BMR - using GHOST
From: Marc Levitan <marc.levitan AT PFPC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 08:15:38 -0400
Has anyone had success using Ghost (or other image software) to:

1)  Put an image of W2K onto a server that includes the TSM client.
2)  Connect to TSM Server and Restore System/boot partition (C:) and System
Objects.

I was able to successfully restore the System/boot partition (C:) and
System Objects without using Ghost by manually installing W2K and TSM
client.
It is when I use Ghost to restore the W2k and TSM client that I run into
the issue.

What happens is that I can successfully restore the System/boot partition
(C:) but when I try to restore the System Object, it stops before I get the
RESTORE COMPLETE screen.
Some of the items are restored, but it is not complete and becomes corrupt.

Thanks,
Marc Levitan
Storage Manager
PFPC Global Funds Services