ADSM-L

Re: TSM Restore help

2002-08-13 19:06:21
Subject: Re: TSM Restore help
From: Don France <DFrance-TSM AT ATT DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:12:10 -0700
Nope,,, I haven't personally seen this error -- BUT I've seen similar types
of problems when the nodename was used by a later client version, then the
user tries to restore using the older client version.  Once a later version
is used (to backup or archive data) going back to the older version should
generate a more gracious message, sometimes they just get the wrong message
index number!

Try running from a higher level client (preferably 4.2.x), then if it still
fails, call SupportLine... you may need to be at 4.2 or later to get
support, as your client level went out service a long time ago.  Also, you
could bypass the file in question, using web-client, to see if other data is
restorable -- probably not.

Don France
Technical Architect -- Tivoli Certified Consultant
Tivoli Storage Manager, WinNT/2K, AIX/Unix, OS/390
San Jose, Ca
(408) 257-3037
mailto:don_france AT att DOT net

Professional Association of Contract Employees
(P.A.C.E. -- www.pacepros.com)