ADSM-L

Re: SQL results

2002-08-09 16:08:50
Subject: Re: SQL results
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 13:07:32 -0700
The results of your SELECT statement look valid to me. You can check the
results by running:

   select * from volumeusage where node_name='XXXX'

And do a manual review of the data. I would expect to see that the node
has 12 file spaces each on volumes 020259 and 030298, and 4 file spaces
each on volumes 020266 and 030357.

If you are just interested in a total volume count but not the specific
volumes, then try this:

   select count(distinct volume_name) from volumeusage where
node_name='XXXX'

The "2" in "Unnamed[2]" means that it is the second column of output. If
you want a more meaningful name, use "AS" to give the name an alias:

   select count(distinct volume_name) as "VOLUME COUNT"
      from volumeusage where node_name='XXXX'

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

"Large, Matthew" <Matthew.Large AT LLOYDSTSB.CO DOT UK>
08/05/2002 04:24