ADSM-L

Re: Space reclamation of copypool

2002-08-08 14:29:57
Subject: Re: Space reclamation of copypool
From: "Brents, James" <James.Brents AT VALERO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 13:31:58 -0500
I realize I am a day late and a dollar short on this one but thought I would
put in my 2 cents anyway. What I experience with my systems is this. When I
update the primary pool to reclaim=100 once it completes the current
procedure the process ends. But if it is a copy pool reclamation that is
running it the process will continue to run until it reclaims all of the
tapes it "grabbed" when the reclamation was set to something lower than 100.
Therefore the process has to be canceled to end it any earlier. I realize
this is the same answer you have already received, just a different
explanation as to why.

Have a great day,
James Brents