ADSM-L

Re: CFGMGR and Devices defined as TSM devices in AIX

2002-08-07 16:57:20
Subject: Re: CFGMGR and Devices defined as TSM devices in AIX
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 16:58:25 -0400
Yeah, we started having problems after upgrading from 4.1 to 4.2.1.15.
Our mtx and lb0 devices come up "defined", but not "available".
Easy to fix, though.
We just added:  mkdev -l  'mt0'
                       mkdev -l  'mt1'
                           etc
to the rc.adsmserv startup script.
(Or you could run it from a separate script in /etc/inittab.)