ADSM-L

Re: No connection

2002-08-07 10:08:09
Subject: Re: No connection
From: Hamish Marson <hamish AT TRAVELLINGKIWI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 14:57:45 +0100
Richard Foster wrote:

Where can we find the APAR and the description?  Thanks.

I have subscribed to the online Tivoli support at
http://www.tivoli.com/support/knowledgebase/
but if you can't/haven't registered, a call to Tivoli support should give
you the details.

But here they are anyway, copied from the Web site above:

Error Description:

Domino Release 5.09 on AIX made changes to memory management that adversely
affect the usage of any products which use the C API Toolkit.  TDP for
Domino is one of these products.  The customer may see the following when
trying to run domdsmc after upgrading their AIX Domino Server to 5.09:

0x01FE: This process "domdsmc" is unable to map the required amount of
shared memory. Please refer to the documentation on how to fix this.
ACD5130E Could not initialize the connection to Lotus Domino properly.
error=510

In Domino Server release 5.09 or higher (on AIX only) customers will need
to run a tool provided by Domino that modifies application binaries to use
two memory segments versus having had to use only one in prior releases up
to Domino 5.08.

Domino has provided a tool that allows for proper modification of these
binaries called dataseg.  This tool ships with the 5.09 Domino Server
release CD.

Note, that you should also be able to do this by setting the appropriate
environment variable for the application as well, without having to
change the xcoff header. If you search the AIX docs for large memory
program support I think you'll find it (Sorry, not to hand at the
moment). Give a yell if you can't, and I'll take a look when I can get
to it again.

Hamish.

--

I don't suffer from Insanity...         | Linux User #16396
       I enjoy every minute of it...   |

http://www.travellingkiwi.com/          |