ADSM-L

Re: TSM or Windows strange behaviour

2002-08-07 09:55:16
Subject: Re: TSM or Windows strange behaviour
From: "Adams, Matt (US - Hermitage)" <maadams AT DELOITTE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 08:51:05 -0500
8.3 notation is turned on by default in W2K.  You would have to turn it off
with a registry change.  However, 16-bit apps would have problems running on
that box.  That may not be an issue for you.  We have this same problem in
restoring a SQL server box.  We have to go back to the registry to see what
should be pointing to what, and manually make the folder name changes to
reflect the correct app.

The only work around I know is when the box is built and before application
installs begin, disable 8.3 naming, and this should perhaps resolve the
issue.

Matt Adams
Tivoli Storage Manager Team
Hermitage Site Tech