ADSM-L

Re: BUFPoolSize - what am I missing out on?

2002-08-07 04:33:25
Subject: Re: BUFPoolSize - what am I missing out on?
From: John Naylor <john.naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 09:27:15 +0100
Denis,

OS390 2.10 and TSM 4.2.1
My database is a bit smaller at 18 gb used pages, but then my buffpoolsize is a
lot
smaller at 48 mb and I see Cache Hit Pct over 98%
I know it probably does not work like that but extrapolating from mine your
buffpoolsize
should be 80 mb.
So maybe you should try reducing yours.

cheers,
John

"L'Huillier, Denis" <dlhuilli AT exchange.ml DOT com> on 08/06/2002 03:07:13 PM

Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu>