ADSM-L

Server scripts with decisions based on values from a select statement.

2002-08-05 23:12:28
Subject: Server scripts with decisions based on values from a select statement.
From: Wayne Gorton <wayneg AT IBK.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 12:52:27 -0700
Howdy,
Is there a way to issue a select statement in a scripts and based on what is
returned perform a different action.
My idea is to issue the following select
"select CACHE_HIT_PCT from db" if the value is below 98.5 then issue message
i "DB cache hit rate too low. Bump up bufpoolsize"
If this is possible in a script there are a lot of other funky things I'd
like to do.
P.S. I have done it via a ksh and perl but would like to avoid it.

Share and Enjoy

Wayne Gorton
Innovative Business Knowledge (IBK) P/L
PH:    +61 2 9614 1604