ADSM-L

Command Line backup on Version 4.2.15

2002-08-05 17:20:45
Subject: Command Line backup on Version 4.2.15
From: "Gent, Chad E." <cgent AT LEGGMASON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 17:04:11 -0400
Hello All,

I am trying to accomplish backing a NT 4.0 server with the following batch
file. This batch file is used once a week to backup PST files.  This process
currently works great but I need to add a little more detail into this
process.  I would like to add a schedlog and a retention period for this
process.  I know the command line syntax for both of these commands but I am
unable to get it to work correctly in my batch file.  I also have a DSM.OPT
file that the batch file references but when I put the schedlogname c:\path
as a test it still does not work.  Please see below for batch file and
DSM.opt file.  Any help would be appreciated.

Batch File-

echo off
cd c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\baclient\
echo "Backup Is Now Running"
dsmc selective \\lmconnectdata\data\users\*.pst -subdir=yes
-optfile=c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\baclient\pstbackup\dsmpst.opt

********************
Note: c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\baclient\--- This is the path were TSM is
installed on the local machine.

Note: =c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\baclient\pstbackup\dsmpst.opt--- This the path
for the DSM.opt file.

DSM.OPT File.

NODENAME LMCONNECTDATA
TCPSERVERADDRESS aixbackup_g.leggmason.com
Resourceutilization 1
TCPWindowsize     63
TCPBuffSize       31
Backupregistry yes
PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
DOMAIN ALL-LOCAL

Chad Gent
Legg Mason Network Support
cegent AT leggmason DOT com <mailto:cegent AT leggmason DOT com>

IMPORTANT:  The security of electronic mail  sent through the Internet
is not guaranteed.  Legg Mason therefore recommends that you do not
send confidential information to us via electronic mail, including social
security numbers, account numbers, and personal identification numbers.

Delivery, and timely delivery, of electronic mail is also not
guaranteed.  Legg Mason therefore recommends that you do not send time-sensitive
or action-oriented messages to us via electronic mail, including
authorization to  "buy" or "sell" a security or instructions to conduct any
other financial transaction.  Such requests, orders or instructions will
not be processed until Legg Mason can confirm your instructions or
obtain appropriate written documentation where necessary.