ADSM-L

Re: multiple clients t a single drive

2002-08-02 09:38:14
Subject: Re: multiple clients t a single drive
From: Manuel Sanchez <manuel_j_sanchez AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 06:37:21 -0700
Rob,
Are your 55 clients regular clients?
or, are you doing LAN-free backups?
Are you using disk pools?
Can you elaborate a little bit on your environment?
If your 55  clients are using dsmc schedule for their
backups, you probably want to use a disk pool, then
you will not have any conflict with all client
sessions writting to the disk pool. Once the disk pool
passes the High Mig Pct threashold it will start
moving data to tapes.
Thanks,
Manuel
--- Rob Schroeder <robs AT FAMOUSFOOTWEAR DOT COM> wrote:
> When my backups are running, there are a bunch of
> concurrent sessions
> going.  I have about 55 servers sharing four tape
> drives.  Although there
> might be 10 sessions going at once, only 4 are doing
> any work.  Is there
> any way to get multiple backup sessions to write to
> a single drive
> concurrently.  I know that there is excess capacity
> on throughput to the
> drives and to the TSM server, so I know the
> infrastructure could handle a
> larger load.  Can TSM?
>
> Rob Schroeder
> Famous Footwear