ADSM-L

dsmserv restore db

2002-08-02 09:33:21
Subject: dsmserv restore db
From: Martin Battiston <mbattiston AT BANCORIO.COM DOT AR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 07:13:53 -0300
Hi,
I run de dsmserv restore db.
this is the output off the command

root@adsm1:/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin>dsmserv restore db
ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 15:58:50 on Nov 20 2001.

Tivoli Storage Manager for AIX-RS/6000
Version 4, Release 1, Level 5.0

Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

5698-TSM (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1999,2000. All rights reserved.
U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

ANR0900I Processing options file dsmserv.opt.
ANR8200I TCP/IP driver ready for connection with clients on port 1500.
ANR7807W Unable to get information for file /adsmp03/rlogA1.dsm.
A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
ANR7807W Unable to get information for file /adsmp03/dbcp01.dsm.
A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
ANR7807W Unable to get information for file /adsmp03/dbcp02.dsm.
A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
ANR7807W Unable to get information for file /adsmp03/dbcp03.dsm.
A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
ANR0215W Recovery log volume /adsmp03/rlogA1.dsm is in the offline state -
VARY
ON required.
ANR0214W Database volume /adsmp03/dbcp01.dsm is in the offline state - VARY
ON
required.
ANR0214W Database volume /adsmp03/dbcp02.dsm is in the offline state - VARY
ON
required.
ANR0214W Database volume /adsmp03/dbcp03.dsm is in the offline state - VARY
ON
required.
ANR0200I Recovery log assigned capacity is 4848 megabytes.
ANR0201I Database assigned capacity is 30000 megabytes.
ANR0306I Recovery log volume mount in progress.
ANR8324I SERVER volume ADSM2.DBB.028116859 is expected to be mounted (R/O).
ANR8324I FILE volume /adsmp04/28142231.DBB is expected to be mounted (R/O).
ANR4620I Database backup series 764 operation 0 device class REMOTO.
ANR4622I   Volume 1: ADSM2.DBB.028116859.
ANR4620I Database backup series 764 operation 1 device class DISCO.
ANR4622I   Volume 1: /adsmp04/28142231.DBB.
ANR4636I Starting roll-forward database restore.
ANR8214E Session open with adsm2.ar.bsch failed due to connection refusal.
ANR1401W Mount request denied for volume ADSM2.DBB.028116859 - mount failed.
ANR4578E Database backup/restore terminated - required volume was not
mounted.

The problem seems to be the authentication with a remote server ADSM2.
ADSM2 have the backups of the database in a COPY Storage.

I edit de devcnfg.out to manually set the password in clear text.
Set the password in the other server ADSM2 (SET SERVERPASSWORD),  to gain
acces to the virtual storage.
But it dont work....

Somebody knows what happen?

Thanks a lot

             Martín Battistón
             IT - Banco RIO - BSCH
             Bs As - Argentina
             TE: +54 11 4341 1000   EXT: 5079

Visite http://www.bancorio.com.ar y tenga el Banco al alcance de su mano.

NOTA DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD / CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE
Este mensaje (y sus anexos) es confidencial y puede contener informacion
(i) de propiedad exclusiva de Banco Rio de la Plata S.A. sus afiliadas o
subsidiarias; o (ii) amparada por el secreto profesional. Si usted ha
recibido este fax o e-mail por error, por favor comuniquelo
inmediatamente via fax o e-mail y tenga la amabilidad de destruirlo; no
debera copiar el mensaje ni divulgar su contenido a ninguna persona.
Muchas gracias.

This message (including attachments) is confidential. It may also
contain information that (i) is exclusively property of Banco Rio de la
Plata S.A. or its affiliates or subsidiaries; or (ii) is privileged or
otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received it by
mistake please let us know by fax or e-mail immediately and destroy or
delete it from your files or system; you should also not copy the
message nor disclose its contents to anyone. Thank you.