ADSM-L

Re: RMAN error

2002-07-31 10:08:19
Subject: Re: RMAN error
From: Neil Rasmussen <rasmussn AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 07:06:20 -0700
Lisa,

Really, for the most part I do not use the scheduler except where testing
in a development environment is concerned. So with regards to specific
scenarios I believe that, you, the customer are the experts on each of
your specific systems. What I do know is that using CRON for Rman backups
is the easiest to set up. However, what CRON does not offer is a central
point of managing schedules. In most cases I have seen a clear line of
responsibility between the Oracle DBA and the TSM DBA. This means that
usually when it comes to scheduling backups to the TSM Server the TSM DBA
will determine how the backups will be managed and therefor chooses the
TSM scheduler.

Regards,

Neil Rasmussen
Software Development