ADSM-L

Expiration problem with TSM 5.1.1.1 on AIX 4.3.3

2002-07-31 05:00:22
Subject: Expiration problem with TSM 5.1.1.1 on AIX 4.3.3
From: Gerhard Rentschler <g.rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:56:38 +0200
Hello,
after one day I got the first more severe problem. I started expiration and
afterward migration for a storage pool. Later I started migration for
another storage pool. Aftwards I noticed that the expiration and the other
migration processes have stopped advancing their counters. Cancelling the
processes doesn't help. For the expiration I get ANR0819I Cancel in
progress. For the last migration process the cancel was accepted, but there
was no effect. Everything else (Backup sessions, admin commands) seems to
work.Colleagues from a neighbour university have this problem as well. They
say after one hour they get an error message and the processes resume work.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a circumvention for this?

I created PMR 88563, branch 070, country 724.
Best regards
Gerhard
---
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Regional Computing Center     tel.   ++49/711/685 5806
University of Stuttgart       fax:   ++49/711/682357
Allmandring 30a
D 70550
Stuttgart
Germany