ADSM-L

TSM & Microsoft Windows .NET

2002-07-26 14:40:18
Subject: TSM & Microsoft Windows .NET
From: Mike Dile <mikedile AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:23:34 -0700
Windows .Net is not yet officially supported by TSM, though development is
actively working on it--witness the .Net references in the v5.1.0 Windows
doc that we didn't quite get removed when Microsoft slipped their GA date.
 As Mark Stapleton indicates it would hard to declare official
certification on an operating system that has not reached release
candidate status, let alone general public availability.

If you choose to try TSM on .Net you need to be aware that we have some
open bugs with Microsoft in the area of system object backup that are
being worked upon.  Behavior and stability in that area of Windows .Net
have been volatile in recent builds that we've obtained.  We've not noted
any problems with normal file backup/restore.

Regards,

Mike Dile
Tivoli Software, IBM Software Group
mikedile AT us.ibm DOT com