ADSM-L

Onbar utility and TSM backups

2002-07-25 07:26:49
Subject: Onbar utility and TSM backups
From: "Ramnarayan, Sean A [EDS]" <SARamnarayan AT CALTEX DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:29:31 +0200
Hi

We are currently using the onbar utility to backup the Informix database to TSM.
I need to create a management class to run a Level 0 backup once a week and
another management
class to run a Level 0 backup once a month.

The once a week backups need to be kept for a month.
The monthly Level 0 backup needs to be kept for 2 years.

The customer does not want to create two node names and also does not want to
use the onarchive utility.

Has anyone done something like this before? and how did you manage to do
something like this.

Thanking you in advance for your response.

Thks
Sean Ramnarayan
EDS (South Africa)

"MMS <caltex.com>" made the following
 annotations on 07/25/2002 01:29:33 PM
---
DISCLAIMER
DISCLAIMER
This message may contain confidential information that is legally privileged
and is intended only  for the use of the parties to whom it is addressed. If
you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of any information in this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the message. Thank you.