ADSM-L

DB2 backups and B/A Client on NT

2002-07-24 14:22:08
Subject: DB2 backups and B/A Client on NT
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 14:20:26 -0400
I have an NT box running DB2 V6. We want to starting using the DB2 BAKCUP DB
commands, and we've been reading the redbook "Backing up DB2 using TSM".
It's all working, including the DB2ADUTL DELETE following the successfull
backups. What we're trying to figure out is the include/exclude statements
for the standard B/A client that is also running on this NT box. A "LIST
DATABASE DIRECTORY" shows that all the db's are in D:\DB2 directory, but
what should and shouldn't be excluded by the B/A client and what is backed
up with the DB2 commands?

Can anyone help? A search of the archives didn't find anything, but then
again it could be my query parameters are FUBAR'd.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.