ADSM-L

TDP for Domino backup issues.....

2002-07-23 11:47:14
Subject: TDP for Domino backup issues.....
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:44:56 -0400
Just getting into new territories, namely using the Domino TDP to backup
Notes/Domino servers. Trying to setup scheduled CMD backups ! However, the
backups are failing and the goofy message/### it issues don't make sense.
Talks about RESTORE ?????  There are from the DOMINC.LOG file.

        Backup of UserID.nsf failed.
        ANS1309W (RC9)    Requested data is offline

        (lots of these.....)

The book says:

ANS1309W Requested data is offline

Explanation: For the restore or retrieve operation, one or more of the
requested files must be recalled from offline storage media (generally
tape). The wait time
depends on your site's offline storage management policies.

System Action: TSM waits for offline storage media to become available and
then continues.

Couldn't find anything useful in ADSM.ORG.

Anyone have a clue what is happening here ?   What have we missed ?

We have done manual backups using the GUI and all seemed to work !

Also, the book recommends defining two different client/nodes, one for the
TDP and one for everything else.  However, no explaination as to why ?

Zoltan Forray
Zoltan Forray
Virginia Commonwealth University - University Computing Center
e-mail: zforray AT vcu DOT edu  -  voice: 804-828-4807