ADSM-L

Re: pre and post sched on NT TSM 5.1.1

2002-07-23 11:37:32
Subject: Re: pre and post sched on NT TSM 5.1.1
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:35:47 -0400
Unfortunately I don't think we can determine why your script is failing,
at least not without more information. I don't believe that the change in
TSM release is responsible for the script failure, as nothing has changed
in the way the script is launched.

What does your script look like? You should look at any commands that rely
on certain environment settings that may not exist when running the
scheduler (for example, PATH settings, program-specific environment
variables, commands that will only run under a certain NT account, etc.).
Also, if the script has more than one command in it, try to narrow it down
to which exact command is failing. For example, if your script looked like
this:

@echo off

dir e:\tsm\baclient\*.opt
dir e:\xsm\baclient\*.opt

Then you could put some "echo" statements around it, like this:

@echo off

@echo Issuing first dir command >> e:\tsm\baclient\myscript.out
dir e:\tsm\baclient\*.opt
@echo RC = %errorlevel% >> e:\tsm\baclient\myscript.out

@echo Issuing second dir command >> e:\tsm\baclient\myscript.out
dir e:\xsm\baclient\*.opt
@echo RC = %errorlevel% >> e:\tsm\baclient\myscript.out

In my rigged example, there is no directory "e:\xsm", so the second dir
command should fail. Here is what myscript.out looks like after the
schedule runs:

Issuing first dir command
RC = 0
Issuing second dir command
RC = 1

This way, I can narrow the problem down.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
07/23/2002 08:10