ADSM-L

Re: command file execution

2002-07-23 10:15:58
Subject: Re: command file execution
From: "Wholey, Joseph (TGA\\MLOL)" <JWholey AT EXCHANGE.ML DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 09:27:50 -0400
Don,

Veritas, in conjunction with Tivoli wrote an API for Backup Exec to TSM
communication.  It's installed on the Backup Exec side with the "IBM ADSM
option" that Backup Exec provides (it's an add on).  I
don't know exactly how it works "under the covers", that's difficult info to
obtain from either IBM and/or Veritas.
As for the "strange" output you see from the "show session" command, that's
correct.

Platform: LA4701S001: pulled from a Veritas Registry entry (that we hack) is
the name of the Server
ID: LA4701S001BE: also pulled from a Veritas Registry entry (we also hack) is
to differentiate the Backup Exec session from a plain old vanilla TSM node.
Also, the last event was definitely not a restore in this instance.

Regards, Joe