ADSM-L

Re: TSM DB design (was Re: TSM 5.1 Performance Tuning Guide - Where?)

2002-07-22 07:59:24
Subject: Re: TSM DB design (was Re: TSM 5.1 Performance Tuning Guide - Where?)
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 13:57:40 +0200
Besides the more academic question, whether a B-tree plus SQL interface
is a relational DB, the more interesting point for me is the fact, that
this SQL interface is incomplete. It e.g. does not tell me, on which
volume a specific backup copy of a file is lying. (It tells me all the
volumes that contain a backup copy of that file; but which volume
contains the active copy?)

I assume, that the SHOW command would give me that information (I did not
try it), so the SHOW command is native interface to that DB.

--
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet