ADSM-L

Re: TSM DB design (was Re: TSM 5.1 Performance Tuning Guide - Where?)

2002-07-21 22:16:44
Subject: Re: TSM DB design (was Re: TSM 5.1 Performance Tuning Guide - Where?)
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 21:15:01 -0500
Last year at the SHARE in Minneapolis, there was a session on the Introduction
to the TSM DB.  Wa y too short and way too shallow, but the underlying
structure is a BTree.  The TSM "Select" statement seems to generate a pseudo
relational table in the DB free space.  That's why if your DB is too full and
your select casts a very broad net, you get hte insufficient space message from
TSM.  I have the handout from the SHARE sessions in my office and can give the
session number to anyone who's interested during the week.

Fred Johanson