ADSM-L

Re: TSM DB Questions

2002-07-19 19:44:28
Subject: Re: TSM DB Questions
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 02:40:51 +0300
Unfortunately the classical answer "it depends" applies.
Based on processor power, memory size, number and type of disks, tuning
for performance (spreading access, no adapter bottlenecks) and of course
SLA requirements the limit can be reached at different point. Several
people on this list reported DBs over 150 GB.
DB reorg might be necessary but not too often. And you might have to
decide will it be one lengthy scheduled downtime or few shorter ones (if
server is split).
I do not have proof but personally am sure TSM DB and DB2 are derived from
same basic code. And this leads to a wish - DB2 is introducing on-line
reorg, hope someday TSM DB will have it.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant