ADSM-L

Re: Bare Metal Restore for Tivoli Storage Manager

2002-07-19 16:37:35
Subject: Re: Bare Metal Restore for Tivoli Storage Manager
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 13:06:25 -0700
>The BMR Server components run on AIX, Solaris, and HP-UX.  TSM 5.1 and
4.2.2 both >are currently not supported.  Both have been tested and each
have been found to have >blocking defects when used with BMR for TSM 3.2.1.
We are currently sizing the effort >required to remedy these issues.

I'd say for a lot of us we're out of luck then, since we're already at these
levels, TSM is an ever changing issue for all of us. It causes us to upgrade
or be stuck with a product that is not supported.  If you're just sizing the
effort now I'd say you're behind the curve.

Just my opinion.........

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer