ADSM-L

Restore TDP Domino data cross-platform??

2002-07-18 14:25:56
Subject: Restore TDP Domino data cross-platform??
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:24:06 -0400
I had a client ask me this. They are running Domino on S/390 which runs as a
USS application. They use the TDP agent to backup the databases and archive
logs. What he would like to do is to have a single NT/2K box available to
restore databases to instead of the production LPAR(s). He says that the TDP
restore of archivelogs uses 15-20% of the LPAR cpu and they are already CPU
constrained.

I know that the B/A client cannot restore cross-platform, but what about TDP
data? As long at the Domino server versions are compatable, and the TSM
API/TDP are the same, can they restore TDP Domino data from the mainframe
OS/390/USS to an NT server??

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.