ADSM-L

Re: TSM and MS Exchange (MailBox Restore and Exchange 2000 Improv ements)

2002-07-18 08:25:20
Subject: Re: TSM and MS Exchange (MailBox Restore and Exchange 2000 Improv ements)
From: "Consiglio, Tony" <consigli AT BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:23:30 -0400
        Actually, we are using Arcserve 2000 to backup Exchange5.5 on W2K
member serves. We fought Arcserve for over 8 months to fix their agent and
it looks like they have it 95% operational and tolerable.  We are seeing
through=put speeds of up to 100mb/minute. We are backing up servers with
databases of up to 15gb. All-be-it we are using old DLT4000 technology, the
backups are getting done and we have been able to restore peoples individual
folders (i.e. sent items, inbox, etc...)

Now I have heard that TSM might be doing this in version 5.1x, I do not know
how true this is, but I now they DO NOT do it now...

Hope this helps