ADSM-L

Re: TDP Lotus Domino

2002-07-16 15:05:24
Subject: Re: TDP Lotus Domino
From: "Scott, Brian" <bscott AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 15:03:37 -0400
Shannon,

If you have enough disk space you might want to create 2 primary diskpools.
One for the O/S data and one for the Domino databases and Transaction Log
extents. BTW, are you running Archive Transaction Logging? The logic is
based on our scenario:

*       We have mail quotas in place for a 50MB mail file and have a 14 day
retention.
*       TDP "Fulls" are run twice a week (script files run Notes compact -B
and then domdsmc incremental command afterward)
*       We archive the Trans Logs every 4 hours and a threshold backup every
hour just in case a notes process spikes.

We run the Trans Log Archive jobs to a primary diskpool that is big enough
to keep 3 days worth of incrementals for expedient restore capability. It
migrates to a collocated tape pool. The same tape pool is used for the
Domino database backups so that all TDP backups are collocated.

The Backup/Archive jobs go to another primary disk pool which is small
enough to keep the weekly incrementals from all nodes associated to that TSM
server. That data is migrated to a non-collocated tape pool which utilizes
the tapes more efficiently because the O/S is a fairly static file system
after the first backup and one node would only take up a fraction of one
tape.

Hope this adds to your understanding!

Brian Scott
EDS - Enterprise Distributed Capabilities
MS 3278
Troy, MI 48098

* phone: 248-265-4596 (8-365)
* mailto:bscott AT eds DOT com