ADSM-L

Re: database expiration Problem / Domino TDP leaves old databases

2002-07-16 10:28:01
Subject: Re: database expiration Problem / Domino TDP leaves old databases
From: Jozef Zatko <zatko AT LOGIN DOT SK>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 16:26:17 +0200
But according to your policy settings you must now wait 60 days for actual
data deletion (expire interval)

Ing. Jozef Zatko
Login a.s.
Dlha 2, Stupava
tel.: (421) (2) 60252618

Holger Bitterlich <holger.bitterlich AT SK-KOELN DOT DE>
16.07.2002 14:36

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        database expiration Problem / Domino TDP leaves old
databases

Dear Josef,

your hint was successful, but only the tdp way. We could see, that after
doing a incremental backup there were 5500 transaction logs discarded. So
on the first stage we were happy.

But, the expiration of the db and the reclaim didn`t free up as much as
expected. It looks like that the expire only scans the first 1/5 of the
db.
Therefore the expire discards only a very few db-objects and the
aftergoing
reclaimation process could free up only a few tapes. The "funny side"
(ouch
! ) is that the expire process ends always with a state of success. But we
could swear there MUST be a lot more db objects to inspect. Maybe this
happens some time before we dealed with the tdp stuff.

So I belive we have another problem, this time a db Problem.

Anybody any ideas ???

--
Holger Bitterlich
Stadtsparkasse Köln

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> schrieb am 12.07.2002
09:01:37:

> Hi Holger,
> I think I now what is wrong. Acording to your first mail, you are only
> running schedules which perform archiving of transaction logs,
> inactivating this logs and regular selective backup of databases. And
this
> is the problem. In order to inactivate deleted database backups you must
> run incremental backup of databases. You do not neet to run it very
often
> but you must run it occasionaly. This is the only way how to inactivate
> backups of deleted databases.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Ing. Jozef Zatko
> Login a.s.
> Dlha 2, Stupava
> tel.: (421) (2) 60252618
Da E-Mails leicht unter fremdem Namen erstellt oder manipuliert werden
koennen, muessen wir zu Ihrem und unserem Schutz die rechtliche
Verbindlichkeit der vorstehenden Erklaerungen ausschliessen. Die fuer die
Stadtsparkasse Koeln geltenden Regeln ueber die Verbindlichkeit von
rechtsgeschaeftlichen Erklaerungen mit verpflichtendem Inhalt bleiben
unberuehrt.