ADSM-L

Re: Solaris client

2002-07-16 09:42:34
Subject: Re: Solaris client
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 06:40:25 -0700
Check your tape system. Almost an hour to mount a tape and xfer 5GB of data?
07/15/02 06:32:24 ANS1114I Waiting for mount of offline media.
07/15/02 07:28:57 Retry # 1 Normal File--> 5,760,663,479
/export/home/pcenter/Informatica172_old/pcdev/SrcFiles/sq_coep **
Unsuccessful **

In this instance all the tape drives were in use by TSM by this time so I'm
sure that's why it was waiting for a tape mount for an hour. All the files
before this were less than the limits set on the disk pool and were going to
disk. By this time the system had only backed up 2GB in 8 hours so I would
not expect this to be the problem, especially since I don't have tape
problems on a daily basis. The Unsuccessful error on this one also indicates
it to be the same time I cancelled the session, which should account for the
failed message.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer