ADSM-L

AW: AIX Upgrade with TSM

2002-07-13 07:11:35
Subject: AW: AIX Upgrade with TSM
From: "Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 13:09:34 +0200
We upgraded our NSM (3466-C00) just a week ago from AIX 4.3.3 and TSM
AIX 5.1 and TSM 4.2.1.9.
Wehad two problems with the upgrade:
1) The definition of our second network adapter (ATM 155) was lost
2) The library and tape definitions were lost. So the "next storage pool"
definitions
in our disk storage pool were lost as well and had to be reconfigured.

So, backup all TSM and AIX definitions and your upgrade will run fine.

Kind regards
Thomas Rupp
Vorarlberger Illwerke AG
MAIL:   thomas.rupp AT illwerke DOT at