ADSM-L

Re: Ordering client licenses

2002-07-12 15:34:58
Subject: Re: Ordering client licenses
From: Bob McCole <bob.mccole AT AMS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:09:12 -0400
You most certainly can order additional client licenses using MLC...just
did it and had the same run around as you're going through. The cost is
$2/client for the 4.2 server and $5/client for the 5.x server.

Bob McCole
Manager, Computing Services
American Management Systems, Inc.

                    Thomas Denier
                    <Thomas.Denier@MAI       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    L.TJU.EDU>               cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:     Ordering client
licenses
                    Dist Stor Manager"
                    <[email protected].

                    07/11/2002 04:19
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

We have a TSM 4.2.1.9 server running under OS/390. We pay for it on a
monthly charge basis. We are currently attempting to order additional
client licenses. We are being told that it is not possible to order
these on a monthly charge basis. We are being quoted a one-time charge
based on the numbers of various client types. Each of the major Unix
implementations is a separate type in this context. Somewhat incredibly
Windows NT and Windows 2000 are two separate types. We have not so far
been asked about the numbers of processors on our client system, or
about servers versus workstations.

Our organization's policies on budgeting make it essentially impossible
to purchase anything with money originally budgeted for leasing things,
which makes the claimed change in policy a significant problem. Are we
being told the whole truth about our options for acquiring additional
client licenses?