ADSM-L

Re: expiration

2002-07-11 14:15:57
Subject: Re: expiration
From: "William F. Colwell" <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 14:14:12 -0400
Geoff,

Inactive version will be expired from the server according to the
RETEXTRA and RETONLY parameters.  Eventually, only the
active set will remain.

If you want to keep all the inactive versions, you can copy the domain
to a new domain, update the copygroups to have all 9's, activate
the policy set, and then update the node to be in the new domain.

Hope this helps,

Bill
At 12:23 PM 7/11/2002, you wrote:
>The situation is we have a node that is going to have it's daily backups to
>TSM stopped. They don't want to delete the filespaces at this time. The
>question is, do all the versions remain available since nothing has
>triggered the system to think files were deleted? Or will older version roll
>off at some point and leave only the latest version of very file on the
>server. Remember the server has only been removed from a daily backup
>schedule.
>
>Thanks for the help.
>
>Geoff Gill
>TSM Administrator
>NT Systems Support Engineer
>SAIC
>E-Mail:    <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com> gillg AT saic DOT com
>Phone:  (858) 826-4062
>Pager:   (877) 905-7154

Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell