ADSM-L

Re: optimising tcpwindowsize and tcpbuffsizes

2002-07-11 03:31:13
Subject: Re: optimising tcpwindowsize and tcpbuffsizes
From: Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:30:12 +0200
Hi,

here is an excerpt of the knowledge base article
"Description of Windows 2000 TCP Features (Q224829)".
As I understand, the maximum value IS 64 UNLESS the
RFC1323 option is used. I'm not a network expert, but
why should I set the TCPWINDOWSIZE option to 63?

"The receive window size is determined in the following manner:
1. The first connection request sent to a remote host advertises
a receive window size of 16K (16,384 bytes).
2. When the connection is established, the receive window size is
rounded up to an even increment of the MSS.
3. The window size is adjusted to 4 times the MSS, to a maximum
size of 64K, unless the window scaling option (RFC 1323) is used."

Dirk