ADSM-L

Expire data on a server that doesnt exist any longer.

2002-07-11 02:11:00
Subject: Expire data on a server that doesnt exist any longer.
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <SHWL AT STATOIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 08:09:10 +0200
Hello !

If I have backup of a server which is out of production. What can I do and
how, if I want to expire all extra backup copies (versions data exist)
except the last backup (versions data deleted)?
I can change mgmtclass but I still have to do a backup to rebind my files.
If I use a client and log on with 'dsmc -virtualnodename=xyz' and exclude
E:\...\* , what happens then? Will it expire xyz´s E:\ files or the client
node E:\ files?

tia
Henrik

this message.