ADSM-L

Re: TSM storage problem

2002-07-10 10:19:33
Subject: Re: TSM storage problem
From: Simeon Johnston <simeonuj AT INDIVISUALLEARNING DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 09:17:35 -0500
could you explain this further?  I only have one storage pool at the
moment.  It's using the HD and there isn't any other strg pool to move
the data to.
Since I'm using the HD only HD cacheing would seem to be kinda useless.
Is there any problem with turning this off?
What about when I add a tape library to it?  Should I have caching on
for that?

sim

Hooft, Jeroen wrote:

I saw this before with the API.

Tivoli advised:
- Turn off disk caching in the disk storage pool, and issue   MOVE DATA
commands to each disk pool volume to clear out the cached bitfiles.

Jeroen