ADSM-L

Re: Script question

2002-07-09 11:59:10
Subject: Re: Script question
From: Miles Purdy <PURDYM AT FIPD.GC DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 10:57:13 -0500
In order to find a list of tapes to remove from my LTO every morning, and
update their DRM status, I use a script. Here is the relevant code. The actual
script is much longer and does several things. My script will creates another
KSH script.

Code:

CHECKOUT=/tmp/update_checkout_status.`date +%d%b%Y`
OUTPUT_FILE=/tmp/tapes_to_remove.`date +%d%b%Y`
dsmadmc -id=query -password=query q actlog begint=08:00 endt=08:40 | grep -i
"from slot" | sed "s/  / /g" | sed "s/  / /g" | sort -t" " +9 -n   >$OUTPUT_FILE
cat $OUTPUT_FILE | sed "s/^/echo /"

                                         >>$CHECKOUT.1
cat $OUTPUT_FILE | cut -f 7 -d " " | sort | sed "s/^/dsmadmc -id=\$ID
-password=\$PASSWORD move drmedia /"
 >$CHECKOUT.2
        >$CHECKOUT.2
cat $CHECKOUT.2 | sed "s/$/ tostate=vault | grep -i return/"

                             >$CHECKOUT.3
cat $CHECKOUT.1 $CHECKOUT.3

                                        > $CHECKOUT

The idea is to parse the actlog. Find the cartridges names, then add 'move
drmedia' and 'tostate=vault' around the cartridge name.

Miles

-------------------
Miles Purdy
Miles Purdy
System Manager
Farm Income Programs Directorate
Winnipeg, MB, CA
purdym AT fipd.gc DOT ca
ph: (204) 984-1602 fax: (204) 983-7557

"If you hold a UNIX shell up to your ear, can you hear the C?"
----------------------
>>> stephen.a.cochran.lists AT CAHIR DOT NET 09-Jul-02 10:00:16 AM >>>
>>> stephen.a.cochran.lists AT CAHIR DOT NET 09-Jul-02 10:00:16 AM >>>
Hopefully a simple question:

I have a select script that finds the tapes I want to be processed by
MOV DRM, is there a way to pipe the results from the select back into
that command? Here's the select:

select volume_name,state from drmedia where (volume_name in (select
volume_name from volumes where status='FULL') and state='MOUNTABLE') or
volume_name in (select volume_name from libvolumes where
last_use='DbBackup')

And I want the volumes returned from that to be processed by MOV DRM.

The other option would be outputting to a tmp file and creating a
command for each volume, but that seems more complicated than it should
be.

Steve Cochran
Dartmouth College