ADSM-L

redirecting node backup

2002-07-08 21:31:19
Subject: redirecting node backup
From: Thiha Than <thiha AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 18:29:34 -0700
I am sending this for Cai Lam since she lost access to the list.
regards,
Thiha

Hi,

You need to define the following before setting up the mgmclass:

1. Define tape device class.
2. Create the tape storage pool.
3  Create a copy group.
4. Activate the copy group, set the mgmclass which is using that copy
group.

If you missed the above steps, the backup will still go to disk pool
instead of tape pool.

Regards.

Cai Lam